Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Help-Yourself

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Before I actually kick off this blog post, I thought I'd update you as to what's going on. Yesterday we received a call from the nurse of Dr. Matthew Holtzman, the surgical oncologist I'm scheduled to see tomorrow morning. Dr. Holtzman ordered a second CT scan, this time of the chest. We weren't expecting this, but to be honest, we have been worried, after knowing from the first CT that cancer may have spread, because I've had a persistent and often productive cough since maybe July of last year. We'll hope and pray that nothing is found. So, the CT will be done tomorrow morning at 8:15, after which I will see Dr. Holtzman. 

This morning we go to my primary physician, Dr. Ashok Shetty. I've known Dr. Shetty for about five or six years, as he was a client of mine when I worked in medical sales. We're super happy to have Dr. Shetty in our corner. He's very thorough, trained in functional integrative medicine and anti-aging, and overall very open minded from a holistic medicine standpoint. Anyone who knows me well, will recognize this relationship as a good fit!

Alright, so let's move forward with today's blog topic, "Help Yourself." Not one to be content sitting around, waiting for the next doctor's appointment and relying on any one method of treating illness, I've decided to help myself. I mean, otherwise, what happens? You sit around while thousands of thoughts consume your entire existence, which by the way, 90%+ are negative. The next thing you know, you find yourself laying around in a puddle of self pity, so overcome with emotional distress that you actually become paralyzed with fear such that you can't do anything to help yourself. 

If you remember from my previous blog posts, you have to get real with yourself. Understand and own the reality of your situation. Next, discover or identify your desired outcome, or what it is that you want to achieve. Then, hold yourself accountable, such that all your decisions and choices align with your desired outcome.

Okay, so what is it that I'm doing to help myself? I'll keep it simple in regards to this post by listing a couple of therapies that I'm doing at home to supplement my medical care. I'll provide a a very brief description of each, with the intent on revisiting these therapies by writing a more detailed post on each in the near future. So, here's what I'm doing:

1. Gerson Therapy - Per the Gerson Institute, this is a safe, natural treatment developed by Dr. Max Gerson, MD in the 1920's. The therapy activates the body's ability to heal itself through an organic, vegetarian, and raw juices. Gerson therapy has been used by thousands of people to recover from "incurable" diseases, including the following cancers: melanoma, breast cancer, prostate cancer, colon cancer, lymphoma, pancreatic cancer, and many others.
Now, to give you a more realistic perspective on this therapy, the juicing is intensive...13 cups per day! You're also permitted 3 meals per day, but because of the nature of my tumor blocking my colon, I'm not able to eat much in the form of solid foods.

You can learn more about Gerson Therapy and The Gerson Institute at http://gerson.org/gerpress/


Some of the next couple of things I'm doing are also part of Gerson Therapy, but I chose to list them separately to give a brief description.

2. Colonics or Colon Hydrotherapy - This is a controversial therapy, but I'll say it's primarily because of ignorance (lack of knowledge) and improper protocol. We have a home colonic board and supporting supplies/apparatus to administer colonics at home. In fact, we've known about colonics for at least 15-20 years and have done them in the past, but with no real consistency. In fact, it's probably been five to seven years since I've done it. Essentially, it involves lying on a board with a special opening, and for lack of better terms, splash board, that fits over your toilet. The other end rests on a chair placed a few feet in front of the toilet. A thin, round and perforated tip is inserted into the rectum and a mixture of warm filtered water and coffee is injected through a tube that connects to the thin tip. You can control the rate at which the solution is injected. The caffeine from the coffee stimulates peristalsis, freeing up and loosening fecal matter, which comes out the rectum, around the thin tip. This is actually part of Gerson Therapy and the purpose is to stimulate the liver and open up the bile ducts, while flushing out impacted fecal matter and the removal of toxic waste material.

To get a better idea of what colon hydrotherapy is, you can check out the following professional video of a clinically administered colonic. Keep in mind, the home version is slightly different and the insertion tube is considerably smaller. Remember, I said in one of my early blog posts, no holds barred, raw, unedited account of my experience and journey. Hey, at least it's not an amateur video of me actually doing my home colonic!!

3. Nutritional/Herbal supplements - Specific supplements to support the liver and kidneys, as well as a couple of products that specifically support cellular detox. I'm also taking a binding product, that binds/captures toxins for safe removal , which is strategically taken 30 minutes prior to administering a colonic. Lastly, cannabidiol (CBD), from hemp oil, which has been shown in scientific research and studies to inhibit cancerous growth and proliferation.

I'm looking at one more product or ingredient from muscadine grapes, which is a potent antioxidant and has shown in major university studies to have very strong anti-cancer properties.

So, there you have it. Controversial or not, this is what I'm doing to help myself. When considering helping yourself through any battle in life, I think it's important to keep an open mind and research and investigate for yourself. You will be surprised what is out there to help, when you're willing to consider that there's more than one way of addressing, complimenting, and/or dealing with life's obstacles and challenges.

No comments:

Post a Comment